The I-15; Exit 16 Interchange Improvements is the fourth project in a series of planned improvements to I-15 in Washington County. The projects were identified to reduce congestion, enhance safety and improve travel between I-15 from milepost 0-16.
Project features include:
- Addition of a second lane to the I-15 northbound exit ramp to eastbound SR-9
- Addition of a second lane to the SR-9 westbound entrance ramp to southbound I-15
- Addition of another lane on westbound SR-9 between Coral Canyon interchange and I-15 entrance ramp
- Improvement of curves and speeds on all ramps
- Reconstruction of new, wider and longer bridges on I-15 over SR-9
- Extension of northbound I-15 truck lane through the interchange